Original OTN 'space' entry: https://forums.oracle.com/message/11090681#11090681
Steps to reproduce:
0) check that the global preferences for the 'business components'
>'Packages'>'Association' is set to e.g. 'entity.association' (as defined in ADFng1-
1) create a fresh ADF Model Project and use 'Business Component From Table' wizard to create the e.g. based on the HR schema
2) use DEPARTMENT and EMPLOYEE tables and create EO and VO from the tables and setup an application module holding the VO in the data model
3) add a column in the HR DB schema to the EMPLOYEES table, e.g. DUMMY type varchar2(255)
4) select the Employees EO, right click and select 'Synchronize with DB'
5) do the sync to get the new column into the Employee EO
6) check the association folder where you now find duplicate associations for the FK attributes, e.g. EmpDeptFkAssoc and EmpDeptFk1Assoc
The duplicated associations are equal beside of their name. Attached zip contains images!
Workaround: either delete the duplicate associations or change the package the associations are generate into to the same as the entity objects are generated to.