Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Incomplete
    • Affects Version/s: 5.0
    • Fix Version/s: milestone 1
    • Component/s: ribbon
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Operating System: All
      Platform: All

    • Issuezilla Id:
      85

      Description

      The method getTaskbarComponents has, as of version 5.0, the following signature:

      public synchronized List<Component> getTaskbarComponents();

      making this method synchronized might cause a deadlock. I'll post the stack
      trace once I get it reproduced again.

      The suggested fix is to remove the synchronized keyword or use reentrant locks
      to synchronize this class.

        Activity

        Hide
        kirillcool added a comment -

        As long as any access to UI elements is done on the UI thread, you should not
        see a deadlock.

        Show
        kirillcool added a comment - As long as any access to UI elements is done on the UI thread, you should not see a deadlock.
        Hide
        deleted_user added a comment -

        You are correct I made one call outside the UI thread by mistake.

        Sorry for the waste of time, you can close it.

        Thanks!

        Show
        deleted_user added a comment - You are correct I made one call outside the UI thread by mistake. Sorry for the waste of time, you can close it. Thanks!
        Hide
        kirillcool added a comment -

        Access to UI components must be done on the UI thread.

        Show
        kirillcool added a comment - Access to UI components must be done on the UI thread.

          People

          • Assignee:
            kirillcool
            Reporter:
            deleted_user
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: