Sidebyside upgrade from v3 prelude to v3 nightly build 10/01/09 on linux
Appserver hangs after upgrading to v3. See attached logs.
Steps to reproduce:
1) install v3 prelude, start domain1, start derby
2) checkout v3 prelude quicklook test as followed:
need to have subversion-1.6.5
need to set environment variables JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME, S1AS_HOME (glassfish
location), PATH to point to ANT_HOME\bin, JAVA_HOME\bin,SVN_HOME\bin
svn co https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/glassfish-svn/tags/glassfish-3.0-Prelude-
ant -Dglassfish.home=%S1AS_HOME% build deploy runtest
3) stop domain1
4) install v3 glassfish build 10/01/09 called latest-glassfishi.zip from
latest-glassfish.zip 01-Oct-2009 14:09 74M
- bin/asadmin version
Version string could not be obtained from Server [localhost:4848] for some reason.
(Turn debugging on e.g. by setting AS_DEBUG=true in your environment, to see the
Using locally retrieved version string from version class.
Version = GlassFish v3.0-b66 (build 66)
Command version executed successfully.
5) invoke asupgrade tool from <v3 installation>/bin/asupgrade -c
give source and target values
6) start v3 domain1 — Server hangs