1. Go to applications node, click on Deploy.
2. Select "Local Packaged File or Directory That Is Accessible from the 3.
Enterprise Server" for location and choose an expanded application on server.
Click OK, even though the type has not been selected - there is no popup
warning, only Type is displayed in red now (there should be a consistent
behaviour across Admin Console for incorrectly filled up forms - i.e. we should
always display a popup or an error messsage on the page).
3. Select Type and click OK - this time a popup informs that Location cannot be
blank. All the application details are still filled in, only location has been
cleared. We should not clear the application location.
4. Click ok on the popup - the Browse Files and Browse Folders buttons are
grayed out, so user cannot select the location directory. One has to select the
other radio button first and then click radio button next to "Local Packaged
File or Directory That Is Accessible from the Enterprise Server" again to get
those buttons active again.
5. Select the deployment directory again - now Type got reset again...
I was able to do directory deployment to server and standalone instance, while
that fails in v2 with the following error:
Trying to create reference for application in target sin1 failed; Directory
deployment is not supported for non-DAS target. Directory deployment is not
supported for non-DAS target.
Not sure if we now support it in V3.1.