Steps to reproduce:
1. In Admin Console create a standalone instance, e.g. sin1, and start it.
2. Go to JDBC Resources, jdbc/__TimerPool, Targets tab and add sin1 as a target, save.
3. Go to JDBC Resources, jdbc/__default, Targets tab and add sin1 as a target. save.
4. Start database, e.g. asadmin start-database
5. Go to Standalone Instances, click on instance name and Applications tab, click Deploy button.
6. Select scrumtoys application and check run verifier and keep state checkboxes, click OK. The following error is displayed:
Deployment succeeded with a warning, please look at the log file for details
Application deployed with name scrumtoys. WARNING: The keepstate option is only supported in developer profile and not cluster profile. Ignoring the keepstate option.
There are no developer/cluster profiles in v3.1, also deployment was done on a standalone instance.
Another issue is that server.log contains the following warning additionally:
[#|2010-12-01T19:08:19.916-0800|WARNING|oracle-glassfish3.1|javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin.org.glassfish.deployment.admin|_ThreadID=19;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Verifier is not installed yet. Install verifier module.|#]
If verifier is not available, why do we have the checkbox for it in Admin Console?
Both warnings are logged to DAS server.log, even though the application is deployed to a standalone instance. The log for standalone instance contains only the following:
[#|2010-12-01T19:08:39.011-0800|INFO|oracle-glassfish3.1|javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin.org.glassfish.deployment.admin|_ThreadID=19;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|scrumtoys was successfully deployed in 6,490 milliseconds.|#]
I think this will be misleading to users.