How bad is its impact? (Severity)
- Affects Performance tests
Identify why the fix needs to occur now:
- Is a regression of performance available in a prior release
How often does it happen? (Frequency)
- Every time application tries to acquire a "datasource".
How much effort is required to fix it? (Cost)
- Minor, fix is to avoid this expensive call by caching the attribute.
What is the risk of fixing it? (Risk)
- Minor, made sure that all of the tests pass (QL (Web, Classic), connector-dev, jdbc-dev, connector-standalone-cts (web, classic), resources-admin-cli, connector-sqe)
Does a work around for the issue exist? Can the workaround be reasonably employed by the end user?
- No, as it affects performance tests.
If the issue is not fixed should the issue and its workaround (if applicable) be described in the Release Notes?
How long has the bug existed in the product?
- Performance team has revealed it today.
Do regression tests exist for this issue?
- Since this is a performance issue, no feature is being tested here.
- Also, sent the patch to Scott, Amit for verification.
- Made sure that the reported call does not happen by default.
Which tests should QA (re)run to verify the fix did not destabilize GlassFish?
When will a tested fix be ready for integration?
- Fix is available, waiting for Scott/Amits confirmation.