Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a remote SSH node and an instance underneath.
2. Start the instance.
3. Launch the Log Viewer from instance's page and note the last record; close it.
4. Click on Rotate Log button for the instance.
5. Launch the Log Viewer again and note that the same log file is displayed, with the same records and time stamps. You will see that the rotated log file can also be viewed and is exactly the same. Close the viewer.
I also tried the following to see if the view would refresh:
6. Deploy an application to the instance.
7. Launch the Log Viewer - still the stale entries are displayed for server.log and the new message about deployment is not visible. Even after clicking "next" (Records after ?? button), no new records are displayed.
Tried the above on two different setups, windows and solaris, with the same results. Restarting server instance did not refresh the view either.