Affects Version/s: 3.1_b41
Fix Version/s: 3.1_b42
Windows 7 Professional, JDK 1.6.0_23, Browser Firefox 3.6, glassfish-v3-b74b-windows distribution (v3.0 FCS build), build 41 on UC Publisher dev.glassfish.org (Repository URL http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/dev)ShowWindows 7 Professional, JDK 1.6.0_23, Browser Firefox 3.6, glassfish-v3-b74b-windows distribution (v3.0 FCS build), build 41 on UC Publisher dev.glassfish.org (Repository URL http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/dev )
While testing the new Update process on my Win7 system (asqe-win7-3.us.oracle.com)with v3.0 installed (build 74b) and no Admin password set, several exceptions are seen in the server log (see attachment) while loading the Admin Console. After a while the Login Admin console page is displayed, but not the Admin Console "Common Tasks" page.
The same configuration was tested on build 38 without the above described problem.
The same procedure works on v3.0.1 installation(glassfish-3.0.1-b22-windows) on the same system. The system is updated properly and the Admin console loads correctly. The sample application is viewable and useable. Have not tried anything further (like instance or cluster creation as of yet).
To reproduce the failure, perform the following steps:
1. Install GF 3.0 build 74b
2. Start the domain
3. Check the server is up and running
4. Make sure Admin Console is accessible
5. Deploy sample app (hello.war)
6. Shut down the domain server
7. Start "Updatetool" (<GF_Directory>/glassfishv3/updatetool/bin/updatetool)
8. Edit the preferred repository to the dev.glassfish.org repository
9. Select "Available Updates" (left side of the screen - Application Images)
10. Update all the pkgs.
11. Check versions of the updates and make sure it matches the latest build
12. Monitor the server log (tail -f server.log)
13. Start the domain with --upgrade. (asadmin start-domain --upgrade --domaindir <GF_Dir>/glassfish/domains domain1)
14. Start the domain (asadmin start-domain)
15. Make sure it's up and running (check localhost:8080)
16. Go to the Admin Console (URL localhost:4848)
In the server log you will see several exceptions (see the attached server log) and the Admin Console login page is displayed (nor the "Common Tasks" page).