1. How bad is its impact? (Severity)
The impact is pretty bad. There are 4 resources page affected by this which are pretty common functions that GUI user performs.
2. How often does it happen? (Frequency)
3. How much effort is required to fix it? (Cost)
Take me sometimes to track down the issue, and then figuring out how to fix this with min. code change. There are better fix available, but those require additional hidden command from Jagadish, and then REST needs to expose it. Too late at this point.
The fix now is to 'blockcast' to the world that 'I exist' from the JMS plugin, and then let those screens to decide whether to include "jmsra" and "jaxr-ra" in the resource adapter dropdown list or not.
4. What is the risk of fixing it? (Risk)
The risk is pretty low.
5. Does a work around for the issue exist? Can the workaround be reasonably employed by the end user?
For RA config, work security map and connector connection pool, user has to ignore the error when they first visit the screen. For Admin Object Resource, there is no workaround. The page just doesn't function with exception shown on screen.
6. If the issue is not fixed should the issue and its workaround (if applicable) be described in the Release Notes?
7. How long has the bug existed in the product?
Since we support web profile.
8. Do regression tests exist for this issue?
Yes, but we don't run those test in web profile. Should start setting up hudson job for this profile.
9. Which tests should QA (re)run to verify the fix did not destabilize GlassFish?
The usual test they run. If this change causes any regression, it can be caught right away.
10. When will a tested fix be ready for integration?
I am testing my changes now. Should be available for review in a couple hours.