Steps to reproduce:
1. On fresh install (basically where you have no instances, only DAS), start domain and access Admin Console.
2. Click on Applications node, New button.
3. Deploy any application (tried war and ear) with all default values.
4. Once deployed, notice that application is marked as enabled in the applications table and can be accessed fine.
5. Click on the application link and notice that Status check box is unchecked - Issue 1. Check it and hit Save - Issue 2: check box is still unchecked and application is still enabled.
This works fine on promoted build b38.
Workaround: application can be disabled from the Applications page.