We have several enterprise applications which contain web modules developed with Google Web toolkit.
The applications deploy and run correctly with GlassFish 3.1.
I have tried to deploy the same enterprise applications to GlassFish 3.1.1 b12 but the deployment fails with the following message:
asadmin> deploy app.ear
No response from Domain Admin Server after 600 seconds.
The command is either taking too long to complete or the server has failed.
Please see the server log files for command status.
Command deploy failed.
It seams that the extraction of the war file included in the ear is very slow, it takes more than 10 minutes to complete the extraction of files.
If I deploy the war file standalone (not packaged in ear) then the deploy is fast and successful like in GlassFish 3.1.
To reproduce the issue i have attached an ear file with a war file wich contains only the static files (images, java script, HTML, CSS) from a real application.
The deployment of this ear takes more than 2,5 minutes (154 739 milliseconds) with GlassFish 3.1.1 b12. The same ear deploys in 3 456 milliseconds with GlassFish 3.1. This is a performance decrease of 4 477%!!!
The deployment of the war file standalone (not packaged in ear) takes 3 085 milliseconds with GlassFish 3.1.1 b12.
I have also included the server.log files from the tests.