With the addition of the Domain Info screen (due to security remediation), the user is given the ability to add an "admin password" that is later used to login to the AdminConsole. The GF Installer provides and option to create a "silent" file that records all the user choices and is only supported in the "Typical" scenario. This "silent" file can later be used to do installation without user interaction.
The issue uncovered is that the option given in the Domain Info (to enter a user admin password) is not being recorded or stored in the "silent" file. The procedure to create the file is as follows:
1. Get the latest build (ogs-3.1.2-b20-unix.sh*)
2. Generate the silent file
- machine $ ogs-3.1.2-b20-unix.sh -n sfile.txt (file in which all the Install actions are recorded)
3. Run through the Install Typical option and enter a password in the Domain Info screen (admin123)
4. Complete the installation steps.
5. Execute the installation using the "silent" file as follows:
- machine $ ogs-3.1.2-b20-unix.sh -a sfile.txt -s
6. After the installation completes, start the domain server
7. Go to the Admin Console (http://localhost:4848)
You will notice one will be logged into to the Admin Console without any password.
The expected behavior and when executing the same scenario interactively, the AdminConsole login screen is displayed and one has to enter the admin user and admin password.
Reporting this bug as low priority because it's a bit late and perhaps risky to fix. Documenting this issue is sufficient at this time.