glassfish
  1. glassfish
  2. GLASSFISH-18877

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ConnectorDescriptor.getConnectionDefinitionByCFType(ConnectorDescriptor.java:647)

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Blocker Blocker
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: 3.1.2_b23
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: deployment
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit JDK 1.6.0_26

      Description

      After uninstalling GFv3.1.1 and then installing GFv3.1.2 I am no more able to deploy my EAR. "asadmin deploy" of GFv3.1.2 tells me this:

      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ConnectorDescriptor.getConnectionDefinitionByCFType(ConnectorDescriptor.java:647)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ConnectorDescriptor.getConnectionDefinitionByCFType(ConnectorDescriptor.java:634)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.util.DOLUtils.isRAConnectionFactory(DOLUtils.java:170)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.util.DOLUtils.isRAConnectionFactory(DOLUtils.java:145)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.annotation.handlers.ResourceHandler.getDescriptors(ResourceHandler.java:315)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.annotation.handlers.ResourceHandler.processResource(ResourceHandler.java:229)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.annotation.handlers.ResourceHandler.processAnnotation(ResourceHandler.java:148)
      at com.sun.enterprise.deployment.annotation.handlers.AbstractResourceHandler.processAnnotation(AbstractResourceHandler.java:142)
      at org.glassfish.apf.impl.AnnotationProcessorImpl.process(AnnotationProcessorImpl.java:344)
      ... 48 more

      As the same EAR works very well on GFv.3.1.1 on the same machine, I doubt that it is related to the EAR.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          TaranSingh added a comment -

          Yes, I copied it under GF_INSTALL/modules directory and restarted server.
          You are right, I tried to deploy the test EAR into default domain1 and did go through smoothly. However, I tried it the default GF 3.1.2 dol.jar as well and even that one went through without any complaints as well.

          Show
          TaranSingh added a comment - Yes, I copied it under GF_INSTALL/modules directory and restarted server. You are right, I tried to deploy the test EAR into default domain1 and did go through smoothly. However, I tried it the default GF 3.1.2 dol.jar as well and even that one went through without any complaints as well.
          Hide
          Hong Zhang added a comment -

          That's strange. Did you restart server after you copy the default dol.jar back? When I tried earlier today, I tried with the default installation first also and I had a NPE and only with the updated dol.jar the NPE went away.

          Show
          Hong Zhang added a comment - That's strange. Did you restart server after you copy the default dol.jar back? When I tried earlier today, I tried with the default installation first also and I had a NPE and only with the updated dol.jar the NPE went away.
          Hide
          TaranSingh added a comment -

          Many Thanks Hong Zhang for your continued support.
          I was able to deploy the test MDB project into GF 3.1.2 even without using the updated dol.jar. My problem was bit weird. It turned out to be an issue with osgi-cache module. In my case the osgi-cache was generated using asadmin, and since we are migrating from GF 2.1.1, I guess the module generated was getting some wrong keys. I then replaced the osgi-cache with one that that come as part of std. installation from domain1 and it went like a tooty frooty.
          Cheers mate

          Show
          TaranSingh added a comment - Many Thanks Hong Zhang for your continued support. I was able to deploy the test MDB project into GF 3.1.2 even without using the updated dol.jar. My problem was bit weird. It turned out to be an issue with osgi-cache module. In my case the osgi-cache was generated using asadmin, and since we are migrating from GF 2.1.1, I guess the module generated was getting some wrong keys. I then replaced the osgi-cache with one that that come as part of std. installation from domain1 and it went like a tooty frooty. Cheers mate
          Hide
          Hong Zhang added a comment -

          Glad to know that you solved the mystery!

          Show
          Hong Zhang added a comment - Glad to know that you solved the mystery!
          Hide
          mkarg added a comment -

          Please publish GF 3.1.2.3 including this fix!

          Show
          mkarg added a comment - Please publish GF 3.1.2.3 including this fix!

            People

            • Assignee:
              Hong Zhang
              Reporter:
              mkarg
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: