We need to implement samples for Java EE 7. Some things to consider:
- Component teams should be responsible for writing samples.
- Component teams contribute the samples to the java.net javaee samples project.
- The Java EE 7 samples should be buildable using Maven
- There should be a parent Pom that builds all Java EE 7 samples
- Each sample should have its own POM for building the sample individually
- The samples need to run in NetBeans and Eclipse (both support maven projects, so that's good)
Some issues to clarify:
- Do we ship the old (Java EE 6) samples? In Java EE 6 we did not ship Java EE 5. We may have shipped Java EE 4 samples in Java EE 5.
- Do we re-work the old samples to build with Maven? We may not have the bandwidth to do that. We may need to cherry pick high value Java EE 6 samples and "port" them to Java EE 7 and the new sample framework.
Also, the tutorial team is migrating their examples to maven. They are currently using the Maven GlassFish Plugin as a replacement for the capabilities that the old ant based BP framework provided, but it needs enhancements.