1. What is the impact on the customer of the bug? How likely is it that a customer will see the bug and how serious is the bug? Is it a regression? Does it meet other bug fix criteria (security, performance, etc.)? What CTS failures are caused by this bug?
The timer service application (and other system applications which are only loaded in memory on demand but not registered in domain.xml) will not be stopped/shutdown properly during server shutdown which prevents proper clean up of the system applications.
It does not cause CTS failures.
2. What is the cost/risk of fixing the bug? How risky is the fix? How much work is the fix? Is the fix complicated?
The fix is straightforward and small, there is some change made in stop/unload application code path to accommodate such use case when the application is only loaded in the memory and not registered in domain.xml. I have a fix in my workspace already and the risk of the fix is small.
3. Is there an impact on documentation or message strings?
4. Which tests should QA (re)run to verify the fix did not destabilize GlassFish?
Tests to execute disable and undeploy commands.
5. Which is the targeted build of 4.0 for this fix?
6. If this an integration of a new version of a component from another project, what are the changes that are being brought in? This might be list of Jira issues from that project or a list of revision messages.