Java EE 7 SDK cobundles with JDK 7u17 for MacOS do not install JDK content files. The root cause is incorrect JDK openInstaller component definition which does not contain reference to InstallableUnit for MacOS platform. Including change control data.
- What is the impact on the customer of the bug?
This issue renders Java EE SDK with JDK cobundle for MacOS unusable since final installation image does not contain JDK files.
- What is the cost/risk of fixing the bug?
Low risk. Component definition needs to include reference to InstallableUnit archive which contains JDK payload content.
- Is there an impact on documentation or message strings?
- Which tests should QA (re)run to verify the fix did not destabilize GlassFish?
Regular installer/SDK distribution testing.
- Which is the targeted build of 4.0 for this fix?
- If this an integration of a new version of a component from another project,
what are the changes that are being brought in? This might be list of
Jira issues from that project or a list of revision messages.