Section 184.108.40.206 in the JSR 236 spec states:
When a ManagedExecutorService instance is being shutdown by the Java EE Product Provider:
1. All attempts to submit new tasks are rejected
2. All submitted tasks are cancelled if not running
3. All running task threads are interrupted
4. All registered ManagedTaskListeners are invoked
When I tried the scenario:
- thread of the running task is interrupted as expected. No ManagedTaskListener callback is invoked due to the shutdown call because the running task is neither aborted, cancelled, or completed.
- submitted tasks that are queued up and not started running are cancelled, and taskAborted() of their ManagedTaskListener instances are invoked as expected
Closing this as "Cannot Reproduce" for now. If you have a test case that can reproduce the problem, please send it to me. Thanks.