Affects Version/s: 4.0_dev
Fix Version/s: None
Glassfish 4.0 official released version
1. In Glassfish v4, when asadmin delete-applicaton-ref --cascade=true is specified, the reference is deleted but connector module and related resources are not deleted. However, in Glassfish v2.1.1 the reference as well as connector module and related resources are deleted with delete-application-ref --cascade=true. GF v4 delete-application-ref --cascade=true should delete the connector module and related resources. Please fix the issue so that --cascade=true option works correctly.
2. When delete-application-ref --cascade=false is specified, only the reference is deleted. This is same in both GFv4 and GF2.1.1. However, when --cascade=false is specified for undeploy subcommand, undeploy fails with an error message. The behavior is different from delete-application-ref. Please consider fixing delete-application-ref --cascade=false so that both undeploy and delete-application-ref works in the same way.
To reproduce the problem:
Please try this with v2.1.1 and v4.
1. Deploy the attached connector module.
asadmin deploy genericra.rar
2. Create resources.
asadmin create-connector-connection-pool --raname genericra --connectiondefinition javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory genericra_pool
asadmin create-connector-resource --poolname genericra_pool genericra_resource
asadmin create-admin-object --restype javax.jms.Queue --raname genericra genericra_adminobject
asadmin create-resource-adapter-config genericra
3. Execute delete-application-ref --cascade=true
asadmin delete-application-ref --cascade=true genericra
4. Check if the related resources were deleted.
5. Execute create-application-ref again.
asadmin create-application-ref genericra
6. Execute delete-application-ref --cascade=false
asadmin delete-application-ref --cascade=false genericra
Deletes successfully without an error.