Found in Glassfish v2.1-b54.
Steps to reproduce:
(1) Create a cluster as described here:
(2) At this point the cluster (along with its instances are started), so login
to the Admin Console (localhost:4848).
(3) Go to Configurations->c1-config->Java Message Service->Physical
Destinations. There will be an error that says "Error An error has occurred
An error occurred while listing JMS physical destinations. Please check the
server log for more information".
(4) If you go to Configurations->c1-config->Java Message Service->JMS
Hosts->default_JMS_host, you will see that Port says $
Change that to the actual value of the port shown in System Properties (in this
(5) Go back to Physical Destinations. The error is gone.
The conclusion is that somewhere the System property is not being converted into
the actual port. The workaround is simple once you know what's wrong, but it can
be very time-consuming until you figure it out.