Affects Version/s: 2.1.8
Fix Version/s: None
linux 64bit, apache tomcat 7.0.27
I want to use PRG (Post-Redirect-Get) Pattern in JSF, but it breaks when the user enters german umlauts in the input field.
How to reproduce:
1) Extract the attached file and create target/test.war using this command: mvn clean package
2) Deploy target/test.war on tomcat 7.0.27.
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml contains this line
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
3) Using chromium, navigate to http://localhost:8080/test/test.jsf, and make a form submit the word "Bücher" (german umlaut u) in the input field. Observe the URL in the browser location bar. This is what I expect (and you can get this by just clicking one of the links):
This is what you get instead:
After clicking submit again, you get this:
so something is clearly wrong.
I've tried some things to solve this:
- There is <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> on top of page.
- The h:form has the attribute acceptcharset="UTF-8" (I also tried ISO-8859-1).
- There is a filter that does request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
but nothing helped, and I suspect this might be a jsf bug.