Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Works as designed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.12
    • Fix Version/s: 1.17
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      ubuntu 11.10 3.0.0-15-server x86_64
      Glassfish 3.1.2 with Jersey 1.12

      Description

      When you deploy multiple webapps using jersey and CDI you get the attached exception dump when you access in specific situations. Any jersey based webapp having a beans.xml seems to be affected. Initially I thought this was related to virtual servers, but works if not using virtual servers.

      The problem occurs when you have multiple webapps deployed using CDI, the problem happens for the second and subsequent webapps accessed after deployment, the first one accessed works as expected.

      The behaviour differs slightly depending upon your use of virtual servers.

      If you have multiple virtual servers and place each webapp into its a different virtual server, then whichever is "run" first works, the others fail with the attached exception. Redeploying makes no difference once the issue has been encountered, Restarting glassfish resets things and again the first to be run works ok, all others fail.

      If you use a single virtual machine the issue is slightly different. With a fresh glassfish setup, you can install multiple webapps into the same virtual server without problem and all work as expected. However once you restart glassfish, only the first to be accessed works without the exception. Again, redeploying the "failed" apps doesn't solve the problem, the only way to resolve the issue is to undeploy all webapps and redeploy one by one.

        Activity

        Hide
        Jakub Podlesak added a comment -

        Could you please try to re-test with the following Java system property set to true?:
        com.sun.jersey.server.impl.cdi.lookupExtensionInBeanManager

        Does the issue stil reproduce?

        Show
        Jakub Podlesak added a comment - Could you please try to re-test with the following Java system property set to true?: com.sun.jersey.server.impl.cdi.lookupExtensionInBeanManager Does the issue stil reproduce?
        Hide
        jsl123 added a comment - - edited

        Hi, having seen another similar issue online I think I tried that - well I added a
        <system-property> element to my domain.xml file which is where I assume you put such properties...

        Just rechecked it and I obviously did something wrong before - it now appears to work. I'll monitor it to make sure it survives restarts, which was the problem before.

        Thanks

        Show
        jsl123 added a comment - - edited Hi, having seen another similar issue online I think I tried that - well I added a <system-property> element to my domain.xml file which is where I assume you put such properties... Just rechecked it and I obviously did something wrong before - it now appears to work. I'll monitor it to make sure it survives restarts, which was the problem before. Thanks
        Hide
        Jakub Podlesak added a comment -

        Thanks for the update. Closing the bug.
        Please let me know, if it turns out the option does not help.
        I am ready to reopen then.

        Show
        Jakub Podlesak added a comment - Thanks for the update. Closing the bug. Please let me know, if it turns out the option does not help. I am ready to reopen then.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Jakub Podlesak
            Reporter:
            jsl123
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: