jmaki
  1. jmaki
  2. JMAKI-1

New-style glue code works in plain jMaki but not Phobos app

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: current
    • Fix Version/s: milestone 1
    • Component/s: www
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Operating System: Windows XP
      Platform: PC

    • Issuezilla Id:
      1

      Description

      I got some help from the team to get the new-style glue.js code working for the
      simplejMaki tutorial example. I have tried to do something similar for the
      Phobos example that uses a glue.js file, but I find that the only code that
      works is the old-style code from R1.

      Is this behavior expected?

      Details:

      If you look at the file glue.js (to be attached), you will see my attempts at
      new-style code commented out. Below each commented-out section is the old-style
      code that works.

      If I use the old-style code, I get both the alert dialog saying "glue.js :
      fisheye event" (which does indicate that the new-style "handleFisheye" code
      works correctly) and a biography showing up when I either click a fisheye image
      or select a name from the combobox. [I still get the slider widget for Roberto
      and Jayashri (not Greg), but it is a bigger slider in which most of the text is
      visible. Greg's text seems to be short enough not to sprout a slider. But I had
      clicked Greg's image first. Maybe it decides on the correct size based on the
      result of your first click?]

      If I use the new-style code, nothing happens at all when I click a fisheye image
      or select a name from the combobox.

        Activity

        Hide
        Kim Haase added a comment -

        Created an attachment (id=1)
        glue.js file for jMaki/Phobos app

        Show
        Kim Haase added a comment - Created an attachment (id=1) glue.js file for jMaki/Phobos app
        Hide
        Kim Haase added a comment -

        More details:

        With the simplejMaki example, only the new-style code works; the old-style code
        doesn't work.

        With the bioFisheye example, only the old-style code works; the new-style code
        doesn't work.

        I think the problem may be that the simplejMaki example uses an iframe, while
        the bioFisheye one does not.

        This creates a serious problem for documentation, since this difference in
        behavior is hard to explain (it is a bug, isn't it?).

        I am using the b7 build from 4/25/07.

        Show
        Kim Haase added a comment - More details: With the simplejMaki example, only the new-style code works; the old-style code doesn't work. With the bioFisheye example, only the old-style code works; the new-style code doesn't work. I think the problem may be that the simplejMaki example uses an iframe, while the bioFisheye one does not. This creates a serious problem for documentation, since this difference in behavior is hard to explain (it is a bug, isn't it?). I am using the b7 build from 4/25/07.
        Hide
        Kim Haase added a comment -

        I'm really sorry. I did some more fiddling with the bioFisheye glue file and
        realized I had some extra curly braces. The new-style code now works with
        bioFisheye.

        I cannot figure out how to close this issue as invalid. My only options are to
        leave as new or reassign it.

        Show
        Kim Haase added a comment - I'm really sorry. I did some more fiddling with the bioFisheye glue file and realized I had some extra curly braces. The new-style code now works with bioFisheye. I cannot figure out how to close this issue as invalid. My only options are to leave as new or reassign it.

          People

          • Assignee:
            gmurray71
            Reporter:
            Kim Haase
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated: