JSR 283 issue #397 was deferred to JCR 2.1. Below is a copy of the comments from the 283 issue:
To allow for efficient queries, and for symmetry to parallel:
- NodeType NodeType.getDeclaredSupertypes()
- String NodeTypeDefinition.getDeclaredSupertypeNames()
- NodeType NodeType.getSupertypes()
I would like to request the addition of:
- String NodeType.getSupertypeNames()
Returns the names of all supertypes of this node type in the node type inheritance hierarchy. For
primary types apart from nt:base, this list will always include at least nt:base. For mixin types, there is
no required supertype.
------- Additional comments from fguillaume Mon Apr 14 13:13:40 +0000 2008 -------
This is still an issue in RC17.
I suggest adding the following code in NodeType.java:
- Returns the names of all supertypes of this node type in the node type
- inheritance hierarchy.
- For primary types apart from <code>nt:base</code>, this list will always
- include at least <code>nt:base</code>. For mixin types, there is no
- required supertype.
- @see #getSupertypes
- @see NodeTypeDefinition#getDeclaredSupertypeNames
- @return an array of <code>String</code>s
public String getSupertypeNames();
------- Additional comments from ppiegaze Wed Jul 23 22:47:01 +0000 2008 -------
As per costa mesa F2F, defer to JCR 2.1