Type: New Feature
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
I have attached a file with a few changes to adapt to build 42 of JavaFX and to make MigPane more consistent with the other layout panes. The changes are:
- Compatible with build 42 of JavaFX 2.0 beta.
- Renamed "addChild" to just "add" like in all other layout panes.
- Added a "clearConstaints" method.
- Removed TextBox (which doesn't exist anymore) and added TextField to node type test.
- Store CC instance instead of String in node.properties.
- Adjusted "private static final String CC_KEY = "MigPane_CC";" to standard layout pane naming rules.
- Remove "migChildren". Instead an event handler is attach to "children" to catch the add and remove events.
Nodes can now be added directly to "children" as it is done by all other layout panes.
- Due to the changes with "children" it is not possible anymore to distinguish between managed and unmanaged
nodes in the previous way. But this was a error-prone and confusing concept anyway. The same effect
can be achieved by using "new CC().external()" instead. Affects test 4 and 5.
- Removed two of the internal lists because the same effect can be achieved more easily by attaching the
relevant information directly to the nodes.
I have further planned a change to make it possible to change the constraints of a node AFTER it has
been added to the MigPane but I do not yet know when I will have the time for that.