open-language-tools
  1. open-language-tools
  2. OPEN_LANGUAGE_TOOLS-140

Boxes are getting displayed for some Indian languages

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.4.0
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: editor
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Windows XP(32 bit)

      Description

      Boxes are getting displayed for all Indian languages except:
      Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Sindhi
      i.e.- Devanagari & Urdu Script

      Failure Reason may be:
      Font is not getting applied according to the target language.

      Future Scope:
      There should be an option for selecting font for target language.

        Activity

        Hide
        wiesemann added a comment -

        The locales for the editor are provided by the Java environment. For e.g. "Bengali" I get only "bn" and not the country. Therefore I think it is okay to have some locales without a flag in the editor instead of (in some cases) wrong flags.

        I uploaded a development snapshot based on source code repository r893 in the downloads section.

        Show
        wiesemann added a comment - The locales for the editor are provided by the Java environment. For e.g. "Bengali" I get only "bn" and not the country. Therefore I think it is okay to have some locales without a flag in the editor instead of (in some cases) wrong flags. I uploaded a development snapshot based on source code repository r893 in the downloads section.
        Hide
        kaniska added a comment -

        Great!!

        The snapshot which you've shared is displaying indian languages properly, after applying font.

        I tried to open a Sindhi.xlf file(target-language="si-IN" also as "si"), but it is showing "Language Combination doesn't match".

        Can you share the naming convention of the following target languages:
        Bihari, Kashmiri & Sindhi.

        Display of flag is a low severe issue, you may concern it later.

        Thanks again.

        Show
        kaniska added a comment - Great!! The snapshot which you've shared is displaying indian languages properly, after applying font. I tried to open a Sindhi.xlf file(target-language="si-IN" also as "si"), but it is showing "Language Combination doesn't match". Can you share the naming convention of the following target languages: Bihari, Kashmiri & Sindhi. Display of flag is a low severe issue, you may concern it later. Thanks again.
        Hide
        wiesemann added a comment -

        Sindhi is "sd" not "si" (which is Sinhala).

        ISO language codes with two letters are used (nothing special): "bh", "ks" and "sd".

        If it is still impossible to open the file please open a new bug for this problem (or this thread will become too confusing).

        Show
        wiesemann added a comment - Sindhi is "sd" not "si" (which is Sinhala). ISO language codes with two letters are used (nothing special): "bh", "ks" and "sd". If it is still impossible to open the file please open a new bug for this problem (or this thread will become too confusing).
        Hide
        kaniska added a comment -

        It's working properly for all the iso language codes.

        Waiting for stable release of XLIFF editor.

        Thanks & Regards,
        Kaniska

        Show
        kaniska added a comment - It's working properly for all the iso language codes. Waiting for stable release of XLIFF editor. Thanks & Regards, Kaniska
        Hide
        wiesemann added a comment -

        Resolved this because of the changes (see above) in source code repository.

        Show
        wiesemann added a comment - Resolved this because of the changes (see above) in source code repository.

          People

          • Assignee:
            timf
            Reporter:
            kaniska
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: