Component/s: JSR 286 Portlet Specification Errata
Reading the spec document on parameters and comparing it with the javadoc on
"get...Parameter..." and "set...Parameter..." calls on various Response, Request, and
URL classes, it seems to me that there are a number of inconsistencies that should
be addressed, for example:
- Is a parameter allowed to have a value of null?
- Under which cases (if any) should setting a parameter to a value of null remove the parameter?
- In which cases exactly are public parameters get and set?
- In which cases are public render parameters set or updated?
- In which cases are public render parameters removed?
- Should the "getParameterMap" methods always return an immutable map?
- probably more that I haven't noticed yet ...
To #6 -
Shouldn't the returned Map values be consistently immutable?
If not, and if we want to be able to update the actual parameters by updating the
Map returned by BaseURL.getParameterMap, it needs to be described clearly.