quaqua
  1. quaqua
  2. QUAQUA-134

NullPointerException in QuaquaLeopardFileChooserUI$SidebarSelectionListener

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Quaqua 7.3.4

      Description

      A customer of our software reported following exception:

      java.lang.NullPointerException
      	at ch.randelshofer.quaqua.leopard.QuaquaLeopardFileChooserUI$SidebarSelectionListener.valueChanged(QuaquaLeopardFileChooserUI.java:2216)
      	at javax.swing.JTree.fireValueChanged(JTree.java:2820)
      	at javax.swing.JTree$TreeSelectionRedirector.valueChanged(JTree.java:3191)
      	at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:629)
      	at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.notifyPathChange(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:1078)
      	at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.setSelectionPaths(DefaultTreeSelectionModel.java:287)
      	at javax.swing.JTree.setSelectionInterval(JTree.java:2469)
      	at ch.randelshofer.quaqua.QuaquaTreeUI$Handler.mousePressed(QuaquaTreeUI.java:1394)
      	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6371)
      	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
      	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6139)
      	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2085)
      	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4736)
      	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2143)
      	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4566)
      	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4621)
      	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4279)
      	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4212)
      	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
      	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
      	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4566)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:680)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:86)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:639)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:637)
      	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
      	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:653)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:651)
      ...
      

        Activity

        Hide
        Thomas Singer added a comment -

        Our user added further information:

        I think the problem with this issue stemmed from the fact that I am having
        to split out my code between my OSX main computer and a Windows 7 VirtualBox
        instance, using shared folders.

        I have noticed other oddities with this in that these folders actually live
        in the VPC but are shared out over the "network" to my host (this is all
        local to my computer) and if I happen to reset the network connectivity on
        the VPC for whatever reason or I lose airport on my OSX main computer and
        have to reset the connection then the shared folder pipeline can break.

        I haven't been able to figure it out entirely, but I think the issue with
        SmartGit might boil down to needing some kind of "whoops, this resource
        disappeared" error handling that lets me know that I need to fix that
        connection, instead of just crashing the application.

        Show
        Thomas Singer added a comment - Our user added further information: I think the problem with this issue stemmed from the fact that I am having to split out my code between my OSX main computer and a Windows 7 VirtualBox instance, using shared folders. I have noticed other oddities with this in that these folders actually live in the VPC but are shared out over the "network" to my host (this is all local to my computer) and if I happen to reset the network connectivity on the VPC for whatever reason or I lose airport on my OSX main computer and have to reset the connection then the shared folder pipeline can break. I haven't been able to figure it out entirely, but I think the issue with SmartGit might boil down to needing some kind of "whoops, this resource disappeared" error handling that lets me know that I need to fix that connection, instead of just crashing the application.
        Hide
        wrandelshofer added a comment -

        Fixed in revision 388.

        Show
        wrandelshofer added a comment - Fixed in revision 388.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Thomas Singer
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: