The current implementation of using an XML file for the definition of the DCR
conditions is according to the applications hard to understand as well as it is
inflexible. A minimum level is to enhance the documentation and the XML
structure in order to make the usage more understandable.
A proposed way forward instead of just implementing the new functionality
requested and improving the usability is to change the implementation to a
structure based on a java class plugin instead of beeing based on the XML file.
It is seen as a change of structure has the following benefits:
1. A solution based on a java-class will be easier to understand for
2. A solution based on a java-class will in most cases have better performance.
3. A solution based on a java-class will be simpler to implement then including
additions in the XML.
4. A solution based on a java-class will be simpler to maintain.
5. A solution based on a java-class will be simpler to extend with new
The old solution shall be be deprecated.
It should be possible to change the DCR rules in runtime.