- Start the UC GUI
- Click Update pushbutton (UC updates fine)
- Switch to Available Software tab
- GUI automatically selects the first item in the list. This item will display
broken HTML images in the Overview tab of the Details pane.
- Now select another item in the list
- GUI will switch to text in the Details pane and remain that way for all
remaining selections until you exit and re-start the GUI (then it restarts from
the top as detailed above)
So even though the UC can update and has web access, after the initial html
failure (broken images) for unknown reasons, the html is no longer displayed at
all in any of the items.
I've seen this on both Windows XP and Solaris Nevada.
One key difference appears to be the use of a proxy server. I use a proxy
server. Changing the proxy server to an IP rather than DNS lookup does not
change the behavior.