In some cases profiler agent reports "Profiler Agent Warning: Failed to lookup cached class
The problem can be reproduce with
Magnolia 4.2.1 EE
Steps to reproduce:
As for the Tomcat and Magnolia you can download it separately, or you
can download bundle containing both from
and you can get the evaluation license from
Once you unzip the bundle, just startup tomcat using
- wait until tomcat is started (the message like "2009-12-07 17:07:17,683 INFO
info.magnolia.module.ModuleManagerImpl: Starting module adminInterface" in the logs/catalina.out)
- start VisualVM,
- double click on Tomcat node,
- open "Profiler" tab and
- click on "CPU" button
- observe logs/catalina.out ... you'll see bunch of messages like:
Profiler Agent: JNI On Load Initializing...
Profiler Agent: JNI OnLoad Initialized succesfully
Profiler Agent: Waiting for connection on port 5140 (Protocol version:9)
Profiler Agent: Established local connection with the tool
Profiler Agent: 250 classes cached.
Profiler Agent: Redefining 100 classes at idx 500, out of total 694
Profiler Agent: Redefining 94 classes at idx 600, out of total 694
- once profiler is connected and all classes are indexed, try to make use of Magnolia. E.g. open browser
- fill in the login info (superuser/superuser) and hit the login button.
Once you do the above you get bunch of "Profiler Agent Warning: Failed to lookup cached class
org/apache/tomcat/util/http/MimeHeaderField" messages in the logs/catalina.out and those classes
will not appear in the profiler.