Making sure I'm understanding this, first bullet:-
- endpoint may only have one message handling method for each of the native websocket message formats: text, binary and pong. Methods
- using this annotation are allowed to have
- parameters of types described below, otherwise the container will generate an error at deployment time."
"Only one message handler per
- native websocket message type may be added: a maximum of one for handling incoming text messages,
- a maximum of one for handling incoming binary messages, and a maximum of one for handling incoming pong
- messages. Adding more than one of any one type will result in an illegal state exception being thrown
- by this method."
...perhaps its the language (or a different version), but the limits are the same ?
second bullet: thanks, got them all. I think it best to say the removal may be blocked if the handler is in the middle of processing something ?
third bullet: The language I used for message handlers is general: a message handler processing text messages could be a MessageHandler.Basic<String>, MessageHandler.Async<String>, or MessageHandler.Basic<Apple> where there is an apple decoder for text messages. so I think that covers it ?
last bullet: see above on threading.