[GLASSFISH-18409] cdi interterceptors stop working in ear if there is a lib/jar with a beans.xml Created: 25/Feb/12  Updated: 20/Dec/16  Resolved: 07/Apr/13

Status: Resolved
Project: glassfish
Component/s: cdi
Affects Version/s: 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2_dev
Fix Version/s: 4.0_dev

Type: Bug Priority: Critical
Reporter: gcruscoe Assignee: jjsnyder83
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 2
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified



We have an ear project with war and ejb modules. It has a lib directory with all the dependency pojo jars. All in all a very standard setup I think.

We use CDI Interceptors in our ejb project and everything is fine.

We have the beans.xml working in our war as well as the ejb project, but as soon as we put a beans.xml in one of our pojo projects (that gets deployed as a jar to the ear's lib directory) the interceptors in the ejb stop working. This should be very easy to reproduce. The beans.xml file in the lib jar does not list any intercptors listed (not even an empty node).

This is part of the spec right? I should be able to use CDI in the jars in the lib directory, right?

I tried this on 3.1, 3.1.1, and the latest version of 3.1.2 I have and all have the same behavior.

I sure hope this can get fixed in time for 3.1.2 – it seems to be a critical issue.

Comment by Sivakumar Thyagarajan [ 10/Dec/12 ]

Transferring to JJ Snyder

Comment by tlcksnyder [ 28/Mar/13 ]

Please provide a test case, or this will get deferred to a future release.

Comment by TangYong [ 07/Apr/13 ]

Although the issue can be re-produced on glassfish, on current v4, the issue does not happen.


Comment by jjsnyder83 [ 07/Apr/13 ]

This has been fixed by recent updates of Weld and/or GlassFish.

Generated at Thu Apr 27 13:58:25 UTC 2017 using JIRA 6.2.3#6260-sha1:63ef1d6dac3f4f4d7db4c1effd405ba38ccdc558.