Test reported as both successful and pending

» Back to forum topics
  8 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 7 - Last Post: December 16, 2012 07:31
by: costini
showing 1 - 8 of 8
Posted: October 29, 2012 08:49 by Ermath
The report for my test run lists a number of tests as being both successful and pending, i.e. the same test is listed twice in the report. This happens for 8 out of 86 tests. But I no longer have any pending (or empty) tests, and the test should indeed just be listed as successful. Where does this pending entry come from?

If I run the stories individually through Maven, it all adds up. But running all stories in the same Maven run will result in these double entries.

I deleted everything in my
~/.thucydides
directory as well as doing a
mvn clean
step before running the tests. What am I missing?

I'm using Thucydides 0.9.28.
Posted: November 06, 2012 15:11 by costini
Hi,

I'm encountering the same problem with my tests when I'm running them in parallel through Grid. Do you run them single threaded or in multiple threads?

-Costin
Posted: November 19, 2012 14:53 by Ermath
Single or multiple makes no difference for my tests on my setup.

The problem even occurs in a new, smaller project that I have, which has two story files. One story (A) has two tests (A1 and A2), the other story (B) has only one test (B1).

If I give B1 the @Pending annotation and run the tests, the report shows A1 and A2 as successful, and B1 as pending.

Then I remove the @Pending annotation from B1, and rerun the tests. Now B1 is shown as successful, along with A1 and A2. However, the B1 is also shown as pending! Weird.

After doing a "maven clean" and deleting the ~/.thucydides directory (which contains the history), I rerun the tests. A1, A2, and B1 are successful, ... but B1 is still listed as pending too! Extremely weird!!! Even in another browser, so there is no browser caching.

Posted: November 20, 2012 23:23 by johnsmart
Strange indeed. Could you raise a JIRA and attach a zipped-up versin of the reports of this smaller project?

Thanks,

John.
Posted: November 21, 2012 08:56 by Ermath
I have created http://java.net/jira/browse/THUCYDIDES-104.

My project has developed, and the strange behavior now manifests itself in different manners. But this is described in the JIRA issue.

-Erik
Posted: November 29, 2012 15:04 by lukashow
Hi,
I just have the same problem.
I would like to add some more information. When one my test is failed, it creates double entries of this test in report (only on the index.html). Sometimes first entry marked as FAIL, last as PENDING, sometimes both entries marked as PENDING.

I'm using Thucydides 0.9.74.
Posted: December 16, 2012 06:23 by johnsmart
I'm trying to reproduce this - does it happen if you do a mvn clean between builds?
Posted: December 16, 2012 07:31 by costini
I always run my suite with clean, so yes it does reproduce for clean environment too. I see this occurring more when I run my test in parallel.

If you need help with this one I can try to reproduce it with a demo project and let you know the steps.
showing 1 - 8 of 8
Replies: 7 - Last Post: December 16, 2012 07:31
by: costini