Adopt a JSR Program
US English/UK English | French | Spanish | German | Portuguese/Brazil | Chinese | Japanese | Turkish | Arabic | Hebrew
This program is intended to encourage JUG members, individuals and other organisations to get involved in Java Specification Requests (JSRs). This means more grass roots, developer level participation in existing and emerging Java standards. JSRs cover all aspects of the Java ecosystem such as the new Date and Time API that came into Java 8, the existing JavaEE 7 APIS and the upcoming JavaEE 8 APIs for the cloud and more! For example:
- Spring & Java EE Developers : Servlet 4.0 coming out for support for HTTP 2. JAX-RS 2.1 with support for Server-Sent Events (SSE) from HTML 5. Maintenance release Java API for WebSocket and much more
- Clojure, Scala Developers and Java SE developers: Modularised Java (Jigsaw), Collection Literals and more!
We try to have a Laser-like focus on what we do!
Also see Benefits of joining the programme.
Who's Adopting JSRs?
See Who Is Adopting JSRs.
You can also look at the Active JSRs, Status of active JSRs.
We've got all of the steps outlined for you!
You can participate in the program via:
- Joining this java.net project!
- Sign up to the mailing lists - You need to be logged into java.net - (Adopt a JSR Etiquette)
- email@example.com - the global mailing list (in English)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - for Portugese speakers (Adote uma JSR - Portugues)
- IRC: #adoptajsr channel on irc.freenode.net (Adopt a JSR Etiquette)
- Twitter: @adoptajsr (follow the #adoptajsr hash tag on twitter)
- (News)paper: http://paper.li/adoptajsr/1370463441 (subscribe)
- Facebook: Like the Facebook Page
- Github: Join the Adopt a JSR Github Organisation
- Glassfish: See Glassfish's Adopt a JSR Page - Glassfish is often the Reference Implementation for new Java EE JSRs
- Getting Started Kit' - ideal resource to refer to before attending hackday and hands-on events. Also a good one-stop point for materials for organisers of such events.
See Initial Steps
Leading an Adopt a JSR effort
See Leading an Adopt a JSR effort
What do we work on for a JSR?
See What to work on for a JSR
Talks, Presentations and Resources
See Talks and Presentations
Projects and Code
See our GitHub Repo
We try to highlight where we've made a difference! See our Success Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
Please submit your favorite questions here and we will post an FAQ to the wiki. Thanks!
Back to Home