Adopt a JSR Program
http://www.belgium.be/en/|Belgium government portal?>https://www.java.net/community/adoptajsr/fr|French?> French | Spanish | German | Portuguese/Brazil | Chinese | Turkish | Arabic
This program is intended to encourage JUG members, individuals and other organisations to get involved in Java Specification Requests (JSRs). This means more grass roots, developer level participation in existing and emerging Java standards. JSRs cover all aspects of the Java ecosystem such as the new Date and Time API coming into Java 8, the existing JavaEE 7 APIS and the upcoming JavaEE 8 APIs for the cloud and more!
Also see Benefits and Laser-like focus
Who's Adopting JSRs?
See Who Is Adopting JSRs.
You can also look at the Active JSRs, Status of active JSRs.
We've got all of the steps outlined for you!
You can participate in the program via:
- Joining this java.net project!
- Sign up to the mailing lists - You need to be logged into java.net - (Adopt a JSR Etiquette)
- email@example.com - the global mailing list (in English)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - for Portugese speakers (Adote uma JSR - Portugues)
- IRC: #adoptajsr channel on irc.freenode.net (Adopt a JSR Etiquette)
- Twitter: @adoptajsr (follow the #adoptajsr hash tag on twitter)
- (News)paper: http://paper.li/adoptajsr/1370463441 (subscribe)
- Facebook: Like the Facebook Page
- Github: Join the Adopt a JSR Github Organisation
See Initial Steps
Leading an Adopt a JSR effort
See Leading an Adopt a JSR effort
What do we work on for a JSR?
See What to work on for a JSR
Talks, Presentations and Resources
See Talks and Presentations
Projects and Code
See our GitHub Repo
We try to highlight where we've made a difference! See our Success Stories
Back to Home
You can also look at the [http://jcp.org/en/jsr/all?status=Active&activeMonths=12 Active JSRs], [https://trello.com/board/jsr-stages/4f45411a26cbd5910a2aaf2a Status of active JSRs].
= Getting Started =<span style="text-decoration:line-through;color:red">Adopt a JSR can seem daunting, but w</span><span style="text-decoration:underline;color:green">W</span>e've got all of the steps outlined for you!
== Sign Up ==