This revision made November 24, 2013 12:04, by Martijn Verburg
You can use the Success Template as a guide to fill in this section.
Java EE 7 in general
- Several projects have been donated to GitHub in which users can run test applications against new specifications. This has helped:
- Fix bugs and tweak APIs to be more developer friendly
- Raised awareness of Java EE 7
- Some projects are part of the RI sample kit
- There have been a multitude of Java EE 7 related presentations made at JUG meetings and major conferences
Java in General
JSR 310 (Date and Time)
- A couple of workshops / hack sessions have been run for JSR-310 - Feedback from these sessions prompted bug fixes as well as API changes to make the new Date and Time API easier to use.
- Adopt a JSR members have been involved in the full design / code / test lifecycle of JSR-310 helping ensure it makes it in time for Java 8
JSR 335 (Lambdas)
- Multiple talks have been given to prepare developers for Lambdas at JUG meetings and major conferences
- Several workshops / hack sessions have been run for JSR-335 (Lambdas) - Feedback from the labs prompted bug fixes as well as API changes to make Lambdas and Collections easier to use.
- This includes a hack day on other 3rd party collections libraries (Goldman Sachs, Guava, Trove) to get a fresh perspective
- A Hands on Tutorial for developers learning about Lambdas
JSR 348 and 355 (JCP.next)
- The requirements from the Adopt a JSR programme in order to allow developers to participate helped shape the new openness and transparency rules.
Other Adopt-a-JSR Activities
Case Study CEJUG’s experience on the programmes AdoptaJSR and AdoptOpenJDK.
Back to Home
Difference compared to previous revision
You can use the [[Success Template]] as a guide to fill in this section.
= Java EE 7 in general =
= Other Adopt-a-JSR Activities =
[http://yougi.org Case Study] CEJUG’s experience on the programmes AdoptaJSR and AdoptOpenJDK.
Template of Details to Share:
Discussion of Adopt-a-JSR program at meetings:
JSR adopting or discussing:
Review of JSR (reviewed the JSR summary, the draft specs, the documentation, the RI, etc):
Comments submitted on JSR:
Evangelism of JSR (provide details such as the url, event name, etc:
Bugs filed on JSR wiki/JIRA/GitHub:
Hack Day of event organized (please provide dates):
Back to [[Home]]