As of Java 7, OpenJDK is the Reference Implementation (RI) for Java. In essence, the OpenJDK is the Java we use every day! With legal and technical barriers become smaller every day, it is now more possible than ever to get involved in the language and VM that we all love.
Also, see Goals and Benefits
Who's Adopting OpenJDK?
Many individuals, JUGs and organisations, see Who Is Adopting OpenJDK
There are many levels, projects and smaller programmes within Adopt OpenJDK that you can join
You can participate in the program via:
- Google group: Adopt OpenJDK Google Group
- Mailing the Adopt OpenJDK group directly
- IRC: #adoptopenjdk channel on irc.freenode.net
- Twitter: @adoptopenjdk (follow the #adoptopenjdk hash tag on twitter)
- Google+ Community Google+ Community
See Adopt OpenJDK Etiquette for our community rules
See Initial Steps
Join Project(s) and Event(s)
Email the Adopt OpenJDK group to signup to a project and/or an event. Some of the current projects and events include:
- Betterrev - A new workflow for the submission of patches to OpenJDK, including a build farm / CI farm and more
- Test Fests - Fixing existing OpenJDK tests and writing new ones
- Lambda Tutorials - A hands on learning guide for Lambdas in Java 8
- Javacountdown - A site to track global usage of Java in the browser.
Leading an Adopt OpenJDK effort
See Leading an Adopt OpenJDK effort
What do we work on for OpenJDK?
See What to work on for OpenJDK
Talks and Presentations
See the Downloads section for this project (left hand menu).