As of Java 7, OpenJDK is the Reference Implementation (RI) for Java. In essence, the OpenJDK is the Java we use every day! With legal and technical barriers become smaller every day, it is now more possible than ever to get involved in the language and VM that we all love.
Also, see Goals and Benefits
Who's Adopting OpenJDK?
Many individuals, JUGs and organisations, see Who Is Adopting OpenJDK
You can participate in the programme via:
- Google group: Adopt OpenJDK Google Group
- Mailing the Adopt OpenJDK group directly
- IRC: #adoptopenjdk channel on irc.freenode.net
- Twitter: @adoptopenjdk (follow the #adoptopenjdk hash tag on twitter)
- (News)paper: http://paper.li/adoptopenjdk/1370465075 (subscribe)
- Google+ Community Google+ Community
- GitHub Projects AdoptOpenJDK Github
- BitBucket Projects AdoptOpenJDK Bitbucket
- Getting Started Kit and Intermediate & Advance experiences - ideal resource to refer to before attending hackday and hands-on events. Also a good one-stop point for materials for organisers of such events.
- Building the Java source with IntelliJ: JavaSourcesWithIntellij
NOTE: For some contributions you need to sign a contributor agreements. See Legal Steps
NOTE: See Adopt OpenJDK Etiquette for our community rules
Future Events (as of the 2nd of November 2013)
What do we work on for OpenJDK?
We have several exciting projects on the go including:
There are Plenty of other projects, see What to work on for OpenJDK
Leading an Adopt OpenJDK effort
See Leading an Adopt OpenJDK effort
Talks and Presentations
See Talks and Presentations
Projects and Code
We have lots of hands on coding projects, see our repositories at:
Email the Adopt OpenJDK group to sign-up to a project and/or an event.
<span># '''Google+ Community''' [https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104849759654403050599 Google+ Community]
# '''GitHub Projects''' [https://github.com/adoptopenjdk/ AdoptOpenJDK Github]
# '''BitBucket Projects''' [https://bitbucket.org/adoptopenjdk/ AdoptOpenJDK Bitbucket]
# [http://bit.ly/17ovGUB Getting Started Kit] and [http://bit.ly/1ckphOl Intermediate & Advance experiences] - ideal resource to refer to before attending hackday and hands-on events. Also a good <span style="text-decoration:underline;color:green">one-</span>stop<span style="text-decoration:underline;color:green"> point for</span> materials for organisers of such events.
# Building the Java source with IntelliJ: [[JavaSourcesWithIntellij]]
'''NOTE:''' For some contributions you need to sign a contributor agreements. See [[Initial Steps|Legal Steps]]<br /><span>