As of Java 7, OpenJDK is the Reference Implementation (RI) for Java. In essence, the OpenJDK is the Java we use every day! With legal and technical barriers become smaller every day, it is now more possible than ever to get involved in the language and VM that we all love.
Also, see Goals and Benefits
Who's Adopting OpenJDK?
Many individuals, JUGs and organisations, see Who Is Adopting OpenJDK
You can participate in the programme via:
- Visiting the Adoption Group Page
- Joining the adoption-discuss mailing list
- Joining us on the IRC: #adoptopenjdk channel on irc.freenode.net
- Follow us on Twitter: @adoptopenjdk (follow the #adoptopenjdk hash tag on twitter)
- Read the weekly (News)paper: http://paper.li/adoptopenjdk/1370465075 (subscribe)
- Join the Google+ Community Google+ Community
- Peruse the GitHub Projects AdoptOpenJDK Github
- Peruse the BitBucket Projects AdoptOpenJDK Bitbucket
- Go over the Getting Started Kit and Intermediate & Advance experiences - ideal resource to refer to before attending hackday and hands-on events. Also a good one-stop point for materials for organisers of such events.
- NOTE: For some contributions you need to sign an Oracle Contributor Agreement. See Legal Steps
NOTE: See Adopt OpenJDK Etiquette for our community rules
Future Events (as of the 2nd of November 2013)
What do we work on for OpenJDK?
We have several exciting projects on the go including but not limited to:
There are Plenty of other projects, see What to work on for OpenJDK
Leading an Adopt OpenJDK effort
See Leading an Adopt OpenJDK effort
Talks and Presentations
See Talks and Presentations
Projects and Code
We have lots of hands on coding projects, see our repositories at:
Email the Adopt OpenJDK group to sign-up to a project and/or an event.