You learn about F/OSS technology, unit testing, and contributing to large source code projects. You also get some other benefits:
* Participate in community events, hack with your friends!
* Add your name to the list of Java contributors
* Learn new project management skills
* Learn devops ([https://bitbucket.org/adoptopenjdk/betterrev Betterrev])
* Learn unit and regression testing ([[Test Fests]])
* Add it to your list of Fu skills on your resume/CV ([https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/lambda-tutorial Lambdas], [https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/javacountdown Javacountdown] and more).
Back to [[AdoptOpenJDK]]