We don't want to overwhelm the OpenJDK committers! So when organising a workshop/hackday we strongly recommend the following process:
- Nominate some instructors to lead the group. These should be people who have gone through some instructor training and/or are familiar with the OpenJDK build and patch submission processes.
- Don't have qualified instructors?
- Contact the Adopt OpenJDK group and one will be provided for you.
- Further training will also be provided so that you can grow your own instructors.
- Have members join the adoptopenjdk IRC channel irc.freenode.net
- Follow the process outlined for each particular event with regards to fixes, patch creation and review
- This will include co-ordinating with the OpenJDK project sponsor to get the patches in
Back to AdoptOpenJDK