Skip to main content

[appfuse-user] Re: JSON ArrayList Serialization Issue

  • From: Philip Barlow <wolrabp@...>
  • To: Matt Raible <matt@...>
  • Cc: users@...
  • Subject: [appfuse-user] Re: JSON ArrayList Serialization Issue
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:14:39 -0400

Thank you, Matt. I neglected to mention it below, but I had been making a call to the URL with the .json extension. I had also experimented with @XmlRootElement, but it did not work and I assumed from the name it was specific to XML data binding and not JSON?

I did get this to work without @XmlRootElement, my solution was to upgrade my jackson dependecies from 1.7.1 to 1.9.5.

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
    <artifactId>jackson-xc</artifactId>
    <version>1.9.5</version>
</dependency>

Appreciate the feedback and hopefully this can help someone else.

Phil

On 30/06/2013 11:45, Matt Raible wrote:
I've seen this. If you tack on .json to the URL, it'll likely work. You can also add @XmlRootElement to your POJO and that should solve it.

If you look at the green "tip" box on the page that displays from the URL you sent, it says this exact same thing. ;)

Cheers,

Matt

On Jun 29, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Philip Barlow <wolrabp@... <mailto:wolrabp@...>> wrote:

Hi all,

I have followed the guide at the following link:

http://appfuse.org/display/APF/Web+Services#WebServices-rest

Trying to expose my manager interface as a JSON based REST service. When calling the suggested JSON url, I get the following error:

Error serializing the response, please check the server logs, response class : ArrayList.

Has anyone experienced the same issue previously?

Thanks

Phil

[appfuse-user] Re: JSON ArrayList Serialization Issue

Alex Nyika 07/01/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[appfuse-user] Re: JSON ArrayList Serialization Issue

Philip Barlow 07/01/2013