Skip to main content

Issues getting simplified example to work

1 post   Feedicon  
Replies: 0 - Last Post: June 16, 2011 04:54
by: duindain
showing 1 - 1 of 1
Posted: June 16, 2011 04:54 by duindain
Hi John,
I took your advice and made a simplified program which removes alot of the complexity
Ducks.rar its 12.7mb you shouldn't need to compile it but the netbeans project files are included if neccasary.
The version of cajo i have is cajo library release 1.173 29-Apr-11

Im using one of your examples
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/cajo/archive/2007/09/simple_interjvm.html?force=437
Im guessing its quite out of date since the constructors have changed let alone what else, Ive also modified it somewhat based on recent forum posts here as well

It seems to connect very fast however I cannot access the return values in the same way Could you take a look at the example I have built and see where the issue is please?

The code needs to be run on two seperate machines on the same network it will automatically broadcast packets and connect to the opposite machine

The issue is most likely in DuckClient or DuckFactoryImpl or DuckListImpl

DuckFactory df = (DuckFactory)cajo.proxy(refs[i], DuckFactory.class);
myRemoteEntities = (DuckListInf)df.getDuck("local");

This seems to get the correct number of ducks but the ducks themselves seem to not transmit across, im sure its a simple oversight
Ive tried passing them as remote objects, as normal objects, storing them getting them on the fly lots of different things and the behaviour is identical in all those situations so far which is not transmitting correctly

I would love to be able to share the Ducks by reference if possible

I am very grateful if you or anyone could take a look and spot some issues.

Apologies for the large volume of output, im running it in netbeans and its easier to sort through it all with that but mostly there for debugging purposes
The run-viewer.bat will run the example but its hard to debug using the dos window as its not wide enough to read properly

Thank you for taking any time to look it over
Duindain
Replies: 0 - Last Post: June 16, 2011 04:54
by: duindain

Close
Please Confirm
Close