Skip to main content

[jsr236-experts] EG Nomination

  • From: Anthony Lai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr236-experts] EG Nomination
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:28:38 -0700

Per JCP 2.8 process where decisions regarding each nomination to an Expert Group has to be made publicly visible. I have voted yes to the EG nominee of David Lloyd from Red Hat. Here is David's qualification:

Qualifications: I have been programming professionally for more than 15 years, including Java for the last 7 or so. I have developed the greater part of the concurrent code underlying the JBoss AS 7 application server and supporting applications and libraries, including thread pool and collections implementations as well as the concurrent service container. I have also implemented EE-compatible concurrency services for past JBoss AS releases.

Expertise of Organization
: In the past we have provided, on an experimental basis, the ability for EE deployments to execute tasks in dedicated threads as well as injecting executors as EE resources, so we have some understanding of the implications of these constructs in terms of deployment lifecycle as well as component management. We have extensive collections of concurrency utilities which we use in various capacities in our EE app server.

Please let us know if there is any concerns regarding this.

Thanks
Anthony

[jsr236-experts] EG Nomination

Anthony Lai 04/11/2012