Skip to main content

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

  • From: Anthony Lai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 14:43:19 -0800

Dear experts,

There is recently a suggestion on the MES and MSES APIs that I would like to get opinions from the expert group.

The idea was instead of having 7 new APIs in the ManagedExecutorService and 4 in ManagedScheduledExecutorService whose only difference from the ones in the super class in java.util.concurrent package was the addition of an extra parameter for ManagedTaskListener, could we replace them with an addTaskListener and removeTaskListener to the ManagedExecutorService interface?

Pros:
- Much fewer new APIs in MES and MSES
- Easier to register same ManagedTaskListener to monitor events for all task submissions. For example, an application can register a single ManagedTaskListener to an MES receive all events related to task submissions.

Cons:
- Becomes awkward when need to specify a different ManagedTaskListener for each task submission
- Management of list of task listeners, especially if the MES is shared across multiple applications and that applications that registers the listener may be undeployed.

I tend to prefer the current APIs, but I would like to bring this up and see if anyone have different opinions or suggestions.

Regards
Anthony

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Anthony Lai 12/05/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Nathan Rauh 12/06/2012

Message not available

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Nathan Rauh 12/07/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Anthony Lai 12/07/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Nathan Rauh 12/08/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Anthony Lai 12/11/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Nathan Rauh 12/11/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Anthony Lai 12/12/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Nathan Rauh 12/13/2012

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: On ManagedTaskListener related APIs in MES and MSES

Anthony Lai 12/13/2012