Skip to main content

[jsr236-spec users] Re: Annotations to create JSR 236 objects

  • From: Nathan Rauh < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr236-spec users] Re: Annotations to create JSR 236 objects
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:18:28 -0600

Arun,

The default instances are included in the spec for ease of use by applications,

@Resource(name="execSvc1", lookup="java:comp/DefaultManagedExecutorService")
ManagedExecutorService execSvc1;

and the resource ref mechanism provides a convenient way for a deployer to optionally map to a single thread pool or multiple thread pools, however they see fit.

Nathan Rauh
Software Engineer, WebSphere Application Server
IBM Rochester Bldg 002-2 C111
3605 Highway 52N
Rochester, MN 55901-7802

From:        Arun Gupta < >
Date:        02/20/2013 03:59 PM

The user will have to create these thread pools anyway - either using an
application-server specific way as described at:

https://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta/entry/create_managedexecutorservice_managedscheduledexecutorservice_managedthreadfactory_contextservice

or using these annotations.

I think introducing these annotations and providing guidance on
where/how to use them would be a step towards ease-of-use.

Arun

--
http://twitter.com/arungupta
http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta

[jsr236-spec users] Re: Annotations to create JSR 236 objects

anthony.lai 02/20/2013

[jsr236-spec users] Re: Annotations to create JSR 236 objects

Arun Gupta 02/20/2013

[jsr236-spec users] Re: Annotations to create JSR 236 objects

Nathan Rauh 02/20/2013