[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded
- From: Frederick W Rowe <
- Subject: [jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:22:52 -0500
- List-id: <jsr236-experts.concurrency-ee-spec.java.net>
Can we provide a delta of the javadoc/API changes since public review? I
know there is tool used by connector spec to produce such a delta...
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Software Group
02/19/2013 05:45 PM
Please respond to
[jsr236-experts] Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded
I have incorporated feedback that were received since the Public Review
and have posted a candidate for Proposed Final Draft to the project
The document can be found at:
A version showing changes made since Public Review can be found at:
Some notable changes in this version:
- "Administered Objects" has been renamed to "Managed Objects" to avoid
confusion with Administered Objects as defined in the Connectors spec that
are specific to messaging, and have a different configuration requirements
than the objects provided by JSR 236.
- The following has been added to the requirements for Java EE Product
Provider section in Transaction Management:
4. A task instance that starts a transaction but fails to complete the
transaction is an error. The Java EE Product Provider is required to
detect this error and abort the transaction.
5. A task must have the same ability to use transactions as the
component submitting the tasks. For example, tasks are allowed to call
transactional enterprise beans, and managed beans that use the
@Transactional interceptor as defined in the Java Transaction API
- More clean up in sections 3.1.3, 3.1.4, 3.2.3, and 3.2.4 regarding
removal of Run-Location configuration attribute.
- Addition of section 220.127.116.11 clarifying usage of CDI beans as tasks.
Updated javadoc archive can be found at:
Browse-able javadoc at http://concurrency-ee-spec.java.net/javadoc/ has
also been updated.
Please send any feedback to the
mailing list. Readers not on
the expert group can send feedback to
mailing list. We are hoping to submit a Proposed Final Draft to the JCP
this Friday to meet the Java EE 7 release schedule.