Skip to main content

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded

  • From: Anthony Lai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:12:03 -0800

Title: JavaEE_Platform_Spec.book
The suggestion comes from section EE.4.2.2 of the platform spec, which says:

  1. EE.4.2.2 Transactions in Web Component Life Cycles

    Transactions may not span web requests from a client on the network. A web component starts a transaction in the service method of a servlet (or, for a JSP page, the service method of the equivalent JSP page Implementation Class) and it must be completed before the service method returns to the network client. Returning from the service method to the network client with an active transaction context is an error. The web container is required to detect this error and abort the transaction.

So it was suggested JSR 236 objects should do the same.

In the Proposed Final Draft that was submitted, the requirement was modified slightly with new addition in bold:

4.     A task instance that starts a transaction using the javax.transaction.UserTransaction instance but fails to complete the transaction is an error. The Java EE Product Provider is required to detect this error and abort the transaction.

We can certainly remove this requirement if we decide this is not a good idea to be included in the spec.

Regards
Anthony

" type="cite">
That makes it somewhat easier to implement, but it still doesn't
address my concern that transaction control isn't the job of the jsr236
implementor.  Can we take this issue up in the next release?

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded

frowe 02/21/2013

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded

Anthony Lai 02/21/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded

frowe 02/22/2013

[jsr236-spec users] [jsr236-experts] Re: Proposed Final Draft candidate uploaded

Anthony Lai 02/23/2013