Skip to main content

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: JAX-RPC MessageContext in SessionContext

  • From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina@...>
  • To: jsr345-experts@...
  • Subject: [ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: JAX-RPC MessageContext in SessionContext
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:56:47 -0700

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant the dependencies in general, not that something needs to be returned for the optional features.

-marina

Carlo de Wolf wrote:
Does it need anything?

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/ejb/SessionContext.html#getMessageContext%28%29

Clearly states that it should throw an IllegalStateException.

It also states in the spec for the various session bean types:
"Invoking the getMessageContext method is disallowed in session bean methods that
were not invoked by the container through the session bean’s web service endpoint."

The whole dependency on the JAX-RPC API class(es) remains a bummer though.

Carlo

On 04/19/2012 05:17 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
Yes, we hadn't addressed it yet, but we will not be removing parts of the deployment descriptor, nor parts of the javax.ejb API for the optional features. It's on my todo list to write this up, but if anybody volunteers to do so, you are welcome.

Best,
-marina

Jeremy Bauer wrote:
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I couldn't find anything in JIRA or in my mail archive.

While JAX-RPC will be made optional in 3.2, am I correct in assuming that vendors will minimally have to continue to provide the javax.xml.rpc.handler.MessageContext interface for SessionContext? In other words, even though JAX-RPC support will be optional, there'll always be a bit of JAX-RPC hanging about?

-Jeremy

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] JAX-RPC MessageContext in SessionContext

Jeremy Bauer 04/19/2012

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: JAX-RPC MessageContext in SessionContext

Marina Vatkina 04/19/2012

[ejb-spec users] [jsr345-experts] Re: JAX-RPC MessageContext in SessionContext

Carlo de Wolf 04/19/2012