Skip to main content

[el-spec users] [jsr341-experts] The new EL 3.0 String concatenation operator &, how would that work in Facelets?

  • From: Bauke Scholtz <balusc@...>
  • To: jsr341-experts@...
  • Subject: [el-spec users] [jsr341-experts] The new EL 3.0 String concatenation operator &, how would that work in Facelets?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:31:44 -0400

Hi,

I saw the proposal for the new EL 3.0 string concatenation operator &.

The idea is at its own great. However, since a XML special character is been used, I wonder how it should be used in Facelets since that's a XML based view technology which needs to go through a XML parser first. I imagine that we'd need to escape the & as &amp; everywhere. This isn't very developer friendly. I'd suggest a different operator symbol.

Cheers, Bauke

[el-spec users] [jsr341-experts] The new EL 3.0 String concatenation operator &, how would that work in Facelets?

Bauke Scholtz 02/15/2012

[el-spec users] [jsr341-experts] Re: The new EL 3.0 String concatenation operator &, how would that work in Facelets?

Kin-man Chung 02/15/2012

[el-spec users] [jsr341-experts] Re: The new EL 3.0 String concatenation operator &, how would that work in Facelets?

Mark Thomas 02/16/2012

[el-spec users] [jsr341-experts] Re: The new EL 3.0 String concatenation operator &, how would that work in Facelets?

Kin-man Chung 02/16/2012